Sunday, January 23, 2011

Memory and Objects

It's so cool to see the changes and development happening so rapidly and clearly. There's a great book called "On The Night You Were Born," that we have been reading to Anjali. It's a little longer than a lot of the other books we have, so it doesn't always keep her attention through the whole book. But only after a few days, Anjali has grown fond of that book.

A few days ago, before a nap, she reached toward her bookshelf and asked for a book. I grabbed one that we often read, but she continued reaching and saying she wanted a book from the shelf. I grabbed another, but she continued. Then I grabbed "On The Night You Were Born," and she was happy. She sat on my lap and we read the book before her nap.

When she woke up, the very first thing she did was reach for the shelf and ask for that book. Her memory and recognition of objects is growing so quickly! Her love of books seems to be growing as well...

1 comment:

TPS-SheilaP said...

My dear, sweet Anjali,
Our family has been happy to know you since the first day we heard of your existence. You dear friend Uma loves you a great deal. I bet you can tell from all the slobbery, wet kisses and squishy, squeezy hugs she gives you. I can understand, since I want to hug and hold you all the time myself!
You are a joy and a blessing, dear one. Your mama and papa are so in love with you. We are all blessed to have you in our lives. I am grateful to have watched you grow this first year. I love your smile and your laugh, love to watch you discover and feel a sense of accomplishment. You are a wonder, and I look forward to continue getting to know you. I feel honored to be in your life and on this journey with your parents.
We love you!
sheila, radha gopinath and uma