Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Skills, by Anjali

Yesterday, I stood multiple times by myself without any support for up to 10 seconds. And today, having never gone up more than 1 stair and never on my own, I now went up an entire flight. In fact, the next time, my mama who went upstairs for one minute, came down to find me already on the 4th stair. She was proud of me but quite concerned. The thing is, my papa returned the IKEA stair gates just yesterday, thinking that we wouldn't be needing them for a while. My friend Uma was here today and she gets up the stairs so maybe I was just watching her to see how it is done. My mama just ordered another gate and my papa put up some stair blockades. I haven't figured out how to get down yet, except for head first. That, my parents tell me, won't quite do.

1 comment:

TPS-SheilaP said...

Uma is happy to show off her skills. Go Anjali! Uma did the same thing. I think they just wait until they are ready to go the distance. Then it is "tackle the mountain" till they are at the very top!