Saturday, February 13, 2010

More Firsts for Me by Anjali

Yesterday, my umbilical stump fell off, and I know my papa was really happy because he didn't like the thing rubbing against his skin. It was hard and scratchy. Then after a loooooooong nursing session of three and a half hours in the middle of the night, I had by first real breastmilk poop - made by me, not by that Fleet's suppository. And I smell really good, like a donut, so my parents want to eat me. Fuzzy has gotten used to me a bit more and jumps on the bed to see what I am doing. Mostly, though, he never gets to see my face because I am nursing alot to regain my weight. My papa holds me really close at night and bounces me on the ball while we listen to Sanskrit chants (Chants of India by Ravi Shankar). I like to spend this time with my papa and it lets my mama sleep. Then, I fall asleep. My "night" is really my parents' morning and I will sleep from 7a-11a and so will they because so far, I have kept them up at night alot. But they love me!

Today, I am wearing a new blue outfit that matches my eyes. I already leaked through two new outfits yesterday, so this one will probably not last long. That's OK though, because my mama bought a couple of these soft kimono onesies in other colors. I hope you get to see them all.

No comments: